Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Chapter 19 Teaser


Bella

Still, I didn't want to be that girl – the one who let a man treat her like crap and then accept him into her bed. I'd never let it happen before, and I didn’t want to start now. Though obviously it was too late for any take backs, I needed to make clear there wasn't going to be a repeat performance of the sex if there was a repeat performance of the attitude.

I was dreading the conversation we were inevitably going to have in the morning. Mostly because I knew once we had it, there was no going back. We would be together or I would lose him completely. My mind was whirring with the possibilities, but not surprisingly, my body was completely relaxed.

I must have dozed at some point because the next thing I knew, the sun was high in the sky and Edward was stirring behind me. I was still feeling unsure about his reaction, but took a deep breath and turned to face him, propping myself up on my elbow. Never before had a “morning after” been so heavy with ramifications.

His eyes were blinking rapidly as he took in his obviously unexpected surroundings. He sat up quickly and grabbed his watch from the bedside table, looked at it for a minute, groaned, and then lay back down.

7 comments:

  1. I do hope that Bella stays strong no matter how moronic (or -hopefully- not!) Edward acts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so anxious to read this story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want her to make him sweat it out a bit, I mean she can't just let him treat her like crap then just have sex with him...COME ON. Make him work for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that they are together, and really hope they stay that way, but I agree that Edward should have some work cut out for him. He needs to prove to Bella that she comes first, and he needs to treat her well, date her, shower her with affection... stand up to Carlisle about her... maybe take her to that baseball game in Baltimore for her birthday? I love this story.... and really love when I see the update notification come through. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edward better have a clue this time round! And yeah, Bella should make him work a little bit for it! As always, I can't wait for an update!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a bad feeling that Edwards "put-foot-in-mouth-itis" hasn't run it's course quite yet...
    I hope I'm wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see how Edward handles this situation or how Bella reacts to his reaction. Happy writing.

    ReplyDelete