Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Chapter 10 Teaser

When the doorbell rang at around three – two if you were a stupid Swiss antique – I was very reluctant to get up to answer the door. I hadn't buzzed anyone up, so it was likely one of my neighbors asking for a cup of sugar or a multi-million dollar loan. It was only when the doorbell rang the second time that I bothered to leave the study. I didn't bother looking through the peephole to see who it was, for fear the UPS guy was back with a second package, having been paid extra by my parents to deliver on a non-mail day.

However, when I opened the door, there was no mail in sight. In fact, there was no male in sight either.

It was Bella.

"Bella?"

I wasn't sure what compelled me to say that when I obviously knew it was her. Perhaps switching from numbers to words was a bit of a shock to the system. I knew Bella's employee number from when I visited HR, so I suppose I should've been glad I hadn't come out with "817640."

10 comments:

  1. This makes me smile...Bella's turned the tables on him by showing up in his "world". Can't wait to 'read' her reaction to it all - and 'see' his home from her perspective.

    His thoughts that neighbors were stopping by for "a cup of sugar or a multi-million dollar loan" had me laughing.

    I love their clever, clumsy and self-depreciating humor and inner-dialogue as well as the witty banter between the two.

    Thanks for the teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad she decided to show up at his place. Seems the right thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping her id was 8675309, but that might have been too predictable.

    Love Bella & Edward's rambling words and thoughts; it's like chasing a kid around the playground with all the twists and turns, I never know where they will end up.

    Will Edward let us know if he's wearing underwear? Or will Bella tell him that she was in his pants the other night?

    Can't wait to see how the surprise dinner goes down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah... happy birthday, CFO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait! This story always leaves me with a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edward can be such a Poindexter at times! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonder what gifts she is bearing?

    Maybe homemade chicken pot pie...his favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, teaser is up! Love this story and I love that Edward gets a birthday surprise. :) Looking forward to Edward's reaction to his visitor!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank God he didn't say her freakin employee number LMAO!! This whole story has me cracking up so much, love the banter between them! I am sooo excited that Bella is doing something nice for his bday, that is just too sweet!!! thx so much for the teaser girls!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving the playful banter these two are enjoying, anyone who'e ever worked in any office space has to giggle at the way this so happens...
    I have not stopped giggling and enjoying this story since I started reading, I actually have re-read many times because the writing is so good I can not put it down...Looking forward to hearing BOV to this meeting at Mr Mason's place xxx Hugs update soon xxx

    ReplyDelete