Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chapter 9 Teaser

Also embarrassing was the time I wore the same pants to work two days in a row and almost walked out the door with the previous day's underwear dangling from my pant leg. Even though I was currently wearing a dress, I still looked down at my leg. After concluding that I probably should have moisturized a bit more, I shook away all thoughts of underwear. I didn't want to think of Edward actually making panties drop.

My doorbell rang at exactly seven o'clock. Knowing how punctual Edward was likely to be, my stomach immediately filled with butterflies; butterflies which were very restless and seemed to want to migrate to other parts of my body. I was almost shaking with nerves as I opened the door, but much to my surprise, it was the perpetually tardy Rose and Emmett on the other side.

"Oh, hi," I greeted.

Rose raised an eyebrow and sauntered past me, followed by Emmett, who stopped to give me a bottle of wine and a kiss on the cheek before following her inside. "You look pretty," he remarked.

"Why so disappointed? You did ask us over, didn't you?" Rosalie asked, her arms crossed as she stood in my living room.

"Of course I did, and I'm not disappointed. I was just surprised you were on time for once," I retorted, trying to deflect the fact that I was disappointed that she was on the other side of the door. She was my friend, but I didn't have quite the same reaction to her that I had to Edward. Which was good, what with both of us being straight. Emmett at times joked about girl on girl action and threesomes, but I didn't swing that way. I didn't swing at all, especially not in public playgrounds  Those swing sets were an accident waiting to happen.

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the chapter -- and hoping there is another knock on her door very soon. And maybe the CFO stays to ... um... help with the dishes? Love your story and can't wait to read what comes next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for the next update :D Get the feeling that he might be very late which frankly wouldn't be the worst thing in the world since they would get alone time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited... When do you think it will be up? This is such a cute fic...

    ReplyDelete